"My cousin smoked for 20 years. She quit in an interesting way—she started eating Milkbone dog biscuits! She chewed on them to kill the craving and she quit." — Chris T., New York, N.Y.
I was asked what nicotine withdrawal, and why it is so difficult to ignore. We all know that it is difficult to quit, and that there are multiple reasons for this. BUT, those that have never smoked, find it difficult to understand why it is SO difficult.
What does it feel like?
Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms
- Cravings to smoke - 100 times more than craving for chocolate or that food you are not to have.
- Irritable, cranky - but seems like everyone else is being unreasonable
- Insomnia - or tired and when sleeping don't think about smoking
- Fatigue - lack of stimulant
- Inability to Concentrate -- brain does not work > I gave out wrong cell # for myself
- Headache -- oooh yeah
- Cough - all that stuff starts to be hacked up
- Sore throat - yep more release of garbage
- Constipation, gas, stomach pain -- lack of nicotine
- Dry mouth - have no idea why
- Sore tongue and/or gums -- yes mouth hurts, and start to imagine already quit too late
- Postnasal drip - again body is releasing junk
- Tightness in the chest - tension I assume ..
- Crave bitter drinks and food - pepsi, coffee, ginger
- Urge to inhale - deep breathing helps a bit
Ways to ManageThe Five D's: DELAY DISTRACT DRINK water DEEP Breaths DISCUSS feelings
Visualization has been used successfully for some and others not so good.
THE MOST SUCCESSFUL
I am still learning about this, and the Tapping required to overcome cravings - for quitting smoking and also can be used for plethora of other issues - very successfully.
I have been trying to find an exciting video to demonstrate, however cannot find the perfect video.
Maybe I shall have to make a video that is EXCITING EFT.
Please review this until I can find or create something more exciting:
Also see: http://www.tapping.com/