Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Humour & Drink Recipe

First the drink ...

Iced Carmel Mochaccino Coffee

1 TPSP instant coffee granules
2 TBSP chocolate syrup
1 TBSP (or a tad more) caramel syrup (this can be found with apples in fruit aisle)
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup ice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
Combine all ingredients in the blender, set on high and blend for   about 30 seconds to one minute. Serve in tall glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired.

Darleen's Variation:
Use espresso granules or TBSP espresso
I didn't have any caramel syrup (hate that yesterday- straight from the jar) so used Creamy Caramel Butterscotch ice cream.
Oh .... and I added a splash of Baileys Irish Cream - well large glug actually.
mmmmmmm.... yum.
I drank mine before I remembered to take a photo - so photo is from Cat Can Cook.

Jan's Variation:
I believe she would drive to Starbucks and buy one  - but I will need to verify that :)
FROM  JAN:
As you said I would definitely go to Starbucks but in a pinch I would forget the caramel as not a big fan, stick with instant coffee granules and DEFINITELY go for the Baileys :)
Jan


HUMOUR
Exercise in Golden years

















The Importance of Walking

Walking can add minutes to your life.
This enables you at 85 years old
to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing
home at $7000 per month.

I like long walks,
especially when they are taken
by people who annoy me.

 
The only reason I would take up walking
is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

 
I have to walk early in the morning,
before my brain figures out what I'm doing..

  
I joined a health club last year,
spent about 400 bucks.
Haven't lost a pound.
Apparently you have to go there.

 
Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

 
The advantage of exercising every day
is so when you die, they'll say,
'Well, she looks good doesn't she.'

 
If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
start with a small country.
  

I know I got a lot of exercise
the last few years,......
just getting over the hill.


We all get heavier as we get older,
because there's a lot more information in our heads.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

  
AND


Every time I start thinking too much
about how I look,
I just find a Happy Hour
and by the time I leave,
I look just fine.

 
You could run this over to your friends
But just e-mail it to them -
or share on Facebook




















If you don't forward
this to 1 of your friends within
the next 5 minutes your belly
button will unscrew and your
butt will fall off.
Really.... It's true


 ...darleen & jan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST A COMMENT