Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Darleen & Quitting Smoking - Date Set

 QUIT DATE SET: SEPTEMBER 30, 2010

Quitting Smoking is easy. 
It is becoming a Non Smoker that is the hard part.

I have coached many people on how to quit smoking, and even was the valedictorian for my last X-Smokers cessation group. I have spent $1,000s on quitting sessions and many more $1,000s on the cigarettes themselves.

I have now smoked for 40 years! Ugh. That is horrible. I have spent close to $100,000 on cigarettes. Imagine what I could have done with that $100,000.


My health is surprisingly good, with few complaints that I think are not smoking related. But ... possibly are due to smoking.

My reasons for wanting to quit I am going to log  & add to and set a date to quit.
I will not be giving anything up, but gaining my life back - released from addiction.

Reasons to Quit:
1) Money
2) Want to live as long as possible
3) To achieve healthiest state possible
4) Because I stink!

Added Wednesday Sept 8th
5) To live to at least 100 years old
6) To not be a social outcast

Thanks to those that commented on FB and by email directly supporting my quitting.
Especially to suggestions on how to make easier - CHAMPIX 
and my sister's  comment: When you share your projected quit date ... you will seriously be on your way.  >> correct and I am not ready yet to share, but getting closer each day.

I will continue to add to this page as I go through the process to quit day.

...darleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST A COMMENT