Wednesday, March 17, 2010

DAY 23 -Mango! Mango! Mango mango! Mango! Mangoooooooo!!




DAY 23 LOG

Jan has said that listening to the CD has made her feel motivated, and Darleen has felt odd(er). For some reason after listening to CD, and also reading inspirational nutritional information, as well as coaching emails has started purchasing rather odd items at the grocery store. These oddities make it into the shopping basket by magic almost and not conscious planned shopping.

On three different occasions these items were discovered amongst the regular grocery items:

                                               
Mango - I am not even sure what a Mango is?
                                             

Frozen Berries  - for smoothies maybe?




                                               
Coconut Milk  -- what kind of milk?

There seems to be some alter ego causing me to pick these items up and purchase. Healthy products rather than chips or chocolate or Pepsi! This would be great, except for fact I really have no idea what I am supposed to do with them. I have had to Google Mango to find out what it is, how to cut it and eat it and search out recipes - and what the freak is so wonderful about this odd looking fruit?

The first link I went to had this delightful song
- Mango! Mango! Mango mango! Mango! Mangoooooooo!!
And cartoon video.



CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR THE MANGO SONG
Very catchy song. I have no idea what or why this has been created - something about  WEEBL'S.
I do not think this is the reason that I purchased a MANGO!! But I cannot help but sing along and replay it as I search more links for the secret of the Mango.

There is even a National Mango Board site - which  has everything you could ever need to know about  the Mango, and recipes- salads, pork dishes, dessert, and the  Mango-Rita.


The Mango-rita contains mango, ice, lime juice and ... Tequila - HOLA!!
Mango! Mango! Mango mango! Mango! Mangoooooooo!! 

Of course I digress (I read that on blogs almost every day - must be a good thing) - as what am I to do with these odd items, that I have been guided to purchase by the nutritional diet gods?

SMOOTHIES!!  
Yes, easier than pie or cooking -  Smoothies.
Okay, so do you stick a straw in it and Grab n Go? 
That would be easy, and I would hardly injure myself in my semi awake state each morning, as I have my healthy, nutritional, low in calories, high in fiber breakfast. Oh... there are recipes.

Mango Smoothie

1-1/2 cups (375 mL) milk, chilled
     Flesh of 1 large ripe mango, chopped
                     1/3 cup (80 mL) frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 tsp (2 mL) fresh ginger, grated
1 cup (250 mL) ice

 Let the Smoothie Adventures .... begin!!

Mango! Mango! Mango mango! Mango! Mangoooooooo!!  

...darleen & jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST A COMMENT